Monday, August 9, 2010

Email to Community Group: A Prayer Request

(This was in reply to an email listing of prayer requests for our church community group...initially getting the ball rolling on what would, indeed, bring amazing comfort during the early days of this trial -- prayer.)

Saturday, June 24
---------------------------------------------------------
I have something to add to this list. After having some tests run this week, the lump on my left breast has been determined worthy of biopsy. As the radiologist said, he's worried...therefore, so am I.

I go in on Monday morning for this procedure and will find out the results on Tuesday. They are rushing the whole thing through, which is not comforting to me, but I'm going to be glad for info one way or the other. Doctor talked like he was pretty sure it was cancer, though he did say he'd been wrong "at times". I believe in the healing power of prayer, so am asking you pray that the biopsy will show something benign. I guess I also need prayer to stay calm no matter the outcome. I tend to think of myself as an optimist, but maybe I'm wrong there. My mind has gone to every bad corner of possibility, which tends to lend itself to nausea and mild panic. Tuesday is also the day I go to NWACC orientation with JC, so I'd rather not be in a complete state of hysteria when I'm there.

Anyway, I knew I could count on ya'll for prayers. I will let you know when I find out something more.

Thanks so much,
Patti

No comments:

Post a Comment