Tuesday, August 10, 2010

PowerPort

Remember that plug thing in the back of Neo's neck in The Matrix?  That always creeped me out.  Well, when my oldest son heard I was getting a port placed under my collarbone to help with administering my upcoming chemo treatments, that was the image that came to his mind.  He shared that with me yesterday.

This same son was my driver, encourager, and helper this morning (he was wonderful, by the way) as I went for the placement of my shiny new PowerPort.  Okay, so it's not shiny, it's actually purple with a long, white tail, but that doesn't really matter since it's completely hidden under my skin.  So, unlike Neo's port (or plug...whatever) it's hidden from view...sort of.  It does show up as a weird bump right under my collarbone, with the catheter line running up my jugular vein, in plain view.  Apparently, if I weren't so thin, it wouldn't be so evident.  Great. 

 I hope I don't scare my students.  I expect I will be teaching more than art in the art room this year.

So, I'm counting on the word "power" in PowerPort, and surely, before all is said and done, this will be the new and more powerful me...

Just call me Trinity.

No comments:

Post a Comment