Thursday, December 16, 2010

Bone Scan

I had my bone scan yesterday.  Went in at 8:45 and was injected with something radioactive.  Then returned later that day for the actual, rather uneventful and boring, bone scan.  Think 30 minutes of lying flat and still on a table, arms in holders at your side, feet strapped together, while a large device very slooowwwly creeps it's way down your body, taking pictures of your radioactive self. 

This brought to mind the old Steve Martin comedy routine from one of his albums (yes albums - as in vinyl)...the one that, back in the day, had us LOLing for real.  That era where every guy, at some point, claimed to be a "wi-ald and cu-rrrazy guy" and everyone else was singing the King Tut song (he's still my favorite honky).  And of course, we all enjoyed telling each other, "well, excu-use me!"

Why Steve Martin?, you may ask.  Go back to paragraph #1.  You see that word radioactive?  That's why.

Remember that one?  In that skit he discussed common things people sometimes, unthinkingly, say. 

Where, when you are speaking and suddenly can't remember what you were going to say, so you say, "I forgot what I was going to say."  (I've done that a lot lately.)

To which the listener responds with, "Well, it must not have been very important." 

The only appropriate response to such a remark? ..."Oh, now I remember.  I'm radioactive."

Well, that was me yesterday...literally.  Kind of a weird feeling, though I didn't feel a thing.  And I didn't forget what I was going to say, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment