Wednesday, March 9, 2011

More Scan Results

The weather today was cold, cloudy and damp, which perfectly fit how my body felt following yesterday's chemo marathon. It was a perfect day for laying on the sofa and attempting to watch movies (concentrating is more difficult than normal right now) or migrating to the bedroom for a long nap. Nausea is kept at bay with the help of Zophran and Compazine, along with eating as many small meals as possible. If I could just lose that continual bad taste in my mouth. As soon as I stop brushing my teeth...it's baaack.

While my outside wasn't looking or feeling too pretty, inside I was feeling pretty darn great. I received results from my MRI scans of last Thursday and was told "no evidence of malignancy". This has markedly increased my inner peace. Doctor Beck did mention things like excess water and "pockets" and what-not that weren't supposed to be in my hip area. Also something about a possible bony cyst. His hypothesis is that I had some kind of underlying condition that has been exacerbated  by the chemo...which was pretty much what I was hoping it would be. Arthritis I can live with. Bone cancer I can't. I do have the reports from the CT and MRI scans and, when I'm feeling like thinking a little harder, I will have to consult with Dr. Google about all that bony cyst and watery pocket business. Seeing how my deductible's been met, I may need to visit an orthopedic doc.

So, aside from feeling like a pathetic couch potato who just finished licking some hoarders floor, I'm a happy camper. I know that if the scan results had been bad, I wouldn't be feeling this sick. They would not have continued with the chemo, so, I'm actually glad to be sick. And I've got a happy dance just waiting to happen...just give me a few days.

6 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that! I was hoping we would get some good scan news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Reba! I can't tell you what a huge relief it is. I'm sure it won't be the last time I worry, but I intend to enjoy this peace for as long as possible! I am thanking God for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is good - continued prayers for total heling

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patti,
    I am fairly new to the TNBC & Bald is Beautiful club, having been diagnosed 1/10/11 and just recently lost my hair. I just found your blog -- LOVE IT. I'm blogging too -- what a great cathartic experience it has been for me.
    Anyway, just want to say hi, keep on fighting, great news about your scans -- YOU GO GIRL.

    Hugs,
    Debbie
    http://debsbreastcancerjourney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete